What is Mailroom?
An email application.
- Small, fast, simple and to the point
- Disconnected operation
- Extendable via user callbacks in Tcl/Tk
- SMTP, SMTP TLS, SMTP AUTH, POP3 and POP3 TLS
- Full Text Searching
- SQLite data store
- Fully functional
- Automatic address book
- Cross platform (Windows, Linux, OS X and many others)
- Text and HTML message viewing
- Written in Tcl/Tk
Where did Mailroom come from?
Mailroom originally started life as ex-mua by D. Richard Hipp. He has been reported to have ceased using it sometime in 2008. On Dec 3, 2009, I asked him for the latest code base on which I had some changes I wanted to apply. He offered up a Fossil repository for me to begin committing to. This is that repository. It's name was mailroom.fossil so the name stuck.
Notes on using Mailroom
- Mailroom installation
- Using and configuring states
- Using the Full Text Searching
- Command Line Options
- Using user callbacks
- Using the quick reply function
- What's upcoming? See upcoming features.
You can contact me via email, my first name "jeremy" at my last name "cowgar.com". Spammers prevent me from putting a direct link, sorry.